If you have not made the adjustment of leading employees that you cannot see, get ready because by the Year 2028, three-fourths of all industries will employ people working someplace other than a company office.
Here is why:
- Millions of dollars saved in real estate costs.
- 67% of managers of remote workers say they are more productive.
- 63% show fewer unscheduled absences.
- 25% report less turnover.
And what do employees think about working remotely?
- 80% wish to work from home, at least some of the time.
- 24% say they would take a 5% pay cut to avoid commuting.
- 75% report fewer distractions.
- 78% say they have less stress.
Decades ago, I worked in an office on the twenty-third floor of a downtown building in a large city. Even though I enjoyed the work, I clearly recall the lengthy commute, congested traffic, limited parking, window-less offices, the boss’s office a few doors away and the relief of weekends.
Although fifty years later, these conditions still exist for most; I think they are short-lived.